Re: Lacquer Sanding Tips Needed

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lacquer Sanding Tips Needed
From: wickland@eng.adaptec.com (Steve Wickland x3128)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 97 09:36:11 PDT
Gary,
I repainted my hood last summer in lacquer with fairly good results.
I used 600 which worked well but I was too impatient and was not
diligent enough in cleaning the sand paper.  I think I also rubbbed
a little to hard with the dirty paper created some scratches.  They
all came out with the buffer though it just took more time.  If I
did it again I think that careful sanding is where I would spend
my time.  I still would use the 600 grit paper, may-be it's just a
patience problem on my part.

Steve W.