Re: Generator Slime

To: info@standard-knapp.com
Subject: Re: Generator Slime
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 97 09:09:43 -0600
     Hi Bob:

     So THAT"S what happened to my lemon popsicle.  I put it down when I
     was taking pictures of the bear with the beer.......

     Sorry, only those who were at BCD will understand that.

     I can't remember if you had an ammeter or not, but did you have any
     indication of loss of charging?  Were the bearings replaced when the
     other work was done?  I doubt that anything waxy or oily would be used
     on the wires (they're expected to get warm), and the coatings they
     should use probably char and flake off rather than liquefy, so it
     sounds like a bearing died.

     Stu

     P.S.  What do we win if we guess right?