Removing Paint From a Bumper

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Removing Paint From a Bumper
From: Steve Semeraro <semeraro@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 21:11:36 -0400
Some of you know that I got hit from behind in my Alpine a few weeks
ago.  I'm putting a positive spin on the whole thing by using the ordeal
as an excuse to get everything fixed.  Of course, that means I can't go
first class.  One thing that is being postponed is re-chroming the
bumpers.  I found a used replacement for my destroyed rear bumper that
has some shine left and pretty much matchs the one in front.  I figure
I'll get them both re-chromed next year.  For now, though, I need to
clean up my replacement.  The main problem is white paint that was
apparently oversprayed onto about a quarter of the bumper.  Any
suggestions for removing it without ruining the chrome?  How about
for cleaning and shining generally?  Many thanks.

Steve Semeraro
Series V Sunbeam Alpine
1968 Marcos GT