Re[2]: Bell Housing

To: tym@exit3.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net, Frank Marrone <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Bell Housing
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 97 08:51:18 PST

No 260 6-bolt housings, all were 5-bolt.  6-bolt 289 and 302 have the same
bell housing pattern.  I assume that includes all 5 litre engines as well.
I believe that 240 and 300 six are the same too, anybody out there know for
sure?

     -Yes, the 240 & 300 sixes are the same block; of course diff. CID.

     -No, the bell housing is different between the "big six" and the small
     block V-8's. My Econoline came stock with the 240 & C-4. When I put in
     the 289(bolted right up with Mustang motor mounts-no other mods
     required). I needed a new bellhousing to fit the C-4 & 289.

                        Phil