Re: Bell Housing

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bell Housing
From: Frank Marrone <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:21:37 -0700
I did some checking and apparently the 240/300-6 bell housing will fit the
6-bolt 289/302 with the following caveats:

1.      6-bolt 240/300 Uses only 164 tooth flywheel (no starter available for
157 tooth in that 6-bolt housing).

2.      Depending on the application the large round hole where the transmission
        bearing retainer fits in the housing may or may not be right.  There are
at least two sizes possibly differentiated by big truck/passenger car
light truck applications.

3.      Need to match with appropriate gear box mounting flange pattern.

I'm not sure what Phils problem was, maybe #2? Maybe something else?  Phil,
didn't the bell housing patterns match?  I wonder if there is some
difference between automatic and manual interchange?

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       '79 Spitfire
                       Yamaha Seca 900 (aka XJ900RK)