Re: manifold and carb choice

To: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: manifold and carb choice
From: SDeane7000@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 00:35:59 -0400 (EDT)
The electronic choke is really a simple electric heater activated choke.  The
heater (located inside a standard-looking choke activator) is powered by
anything with ignition switched +12V, like power to the ignition dropping
resistor (want to pick it up before the resistor).  The heater activates a
standard looking bi-metal coil that cranks the choke butterfly; just like the
manifold heated arrangement.  The whole assembly looks identical to the
standard device, except for a quick-disconnect lug on the face of the
bakelite cover (where +12V connects).  The choke even adjusts by turning the
cover.

Choke starts out closed.  The ignition turns on.  Activator heats up with
volts rather than exhaust.  Business as usual.

Holley offers this electric choke as a conversion kit for standard units.
 Summit wants just under $40 and my local auto parts house wanted around $65.

I'm fitting one to my Tiger as soon as I sort out the floorboard rust.

Scott 382100117