RE: Strange Brake Problem

To: tiger newsgroup <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Strange Brake Problem
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 04:48:14 -0700
        Semi metallic do take a while to seat in, since they are much
harder than the standard Organic.  This will give inadequate performance
initially, until they seat in correctly.  Usually a day or two of
driving of using the brakes a lot.  Once they are seated, they give
better performance.  It sounds like your booster is working, but not at
100%.  Pumping 5 or 6 times to move the pistons out doesn't sound
unreasonable for about a 1/4" of travel times two calipers.  Watch your
brake fluid level.  If the booster seals are letting go, it may start to
suck fluid into the vacuum can and eventually into the engine to be
burned in small white clouds of smoke !!

Rich