cooling recommendations

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: cooling recommendations
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:24:39 -0700
My recommendations are to go with two small pusher fans in front of the
radiator.  I owned a TR7 that had two small fans mounted side by side in
front of the radiator and when the engine started to heat up because of
traffic or steep grades I would switch on the fans (There was a dash
switch) and I could immediately see the temp. needle starting to drop into
a safe range.  This car originaly had air conditioning so thats why the
fans were there, but the po removed all the air conditioning stuff but left
the fans.  They weren't even that close to the radiator, they were back
about 3 or 4 inches and they still worked real well.
I think the two fans worked better because they covered the front of the
radiator better and gave it better cooling.  So If anybody you know has a
wrecked TR7 you could salvage the fans or maybe at a wrecking yard.  The
fans were only about 7 or 8 inches across and had four  plastic fins each.
I think this setup would work good on tigers because there isn't really
much room in front anyway for a single big fan.  Hope this helps
 regards Armand Ritchie
              B9470219

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie