Re: Tachometer

To: jhankins@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Tachometer
From: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu (Bob Palmer)
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 97 15:55:04 PDT
Joe,

I recently purchased an 8 grand tack for my Tiger from XKs Unlimited.  It is
a Smiths gauge, model RVC2890, which is for the V8 Cobra and costs about
$180.  It is reasonably good match to the other Jaeger gauges, especially if
you paint the needle red.  I drive it with the second set of points in my
dual point distributer, plus an inductor to generate some reasonably high
voltage.  I tried running it with the tach output of my MSD, but this
doesn't work.  I presume the voltage out of the MSD is too low.  XKs
Unlimited is San Luis Obispo and their number is 800-444-5247.

Bob Palmer
>Now that I've got my drive train sorted out, it's time to work on some of
the smaller details!

>My tiger has a dual-point distributer, and the tach has never worked since
I got the car. I