Canadian Rootes TV Commercial

To: "'alpines@autox.team.net'" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Canadian Rootes TV Commercial
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 04:57:34 -0700
        I was watching CBUT TV out of Vancouver B.C. and they were
running a segment about cars, so I was interested in what they were
talking about.  It was about some place in Vancouver that rents Exotic
cars.  They had Viper, Farrari's, Porche's, Cobra replica's.  Durring
the segment, they showed some TV commercials about these cars, and
talsked about the love some people have for the automobile, and they
showed some old ads from the fifties and sixties.  One ad that cought my
eye was one for the Hillman Minx, Product of Rootes.  It showed a nice
looking convertible, and the voice over said "Hillman, the Surprise of
the Sixties".  At this point I had an idea.
        If there are other TV ads out there, archived at some TV
station, these Must be preserved by our group(s).  I'm sure that there
is someone out there who has a video capture board in their PC, who
could capture ALL of the ads that we could find, and put them in a AVI
or quick Time format and then they could be posted on the web.  Wouldn't
this be cool?  There's probably even a national television archive
somewhere that we could find.

        I'll check with my local TV stations to see if they have
anything like this, or where they could be found.  Can someone up in
Vancouver B.C. check with CBUT.  I don't know if this was a national
Canadian segment (CBC) or local, but CBUT aired it just a couple of days
ago.  It was about a place in Vancouver.

Rich