Re: Center hub knockoffs and tires that fit

To: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Center hub knockoffs and tires that fit
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 97 11:01:39 -0600
Item Subject: Center hub knockoffs and tires that fit

Thanks for the comments I have received so far.  I noted one error in my
original message.  My present tires are 175-13, NOT 70 series.  I guess nobody
picked up on the rather large diameter (around 24.5") for a 70 series tire.

Along with the responses that were public, I heard from one owner who is running
175-70x13 Dunlops (diameter 22.7") on reproduction LAT wheels (5.5", right?)
with no interference problems.

What wasn't mentioned in either of the other replies was the backdistance, the
rear of the rim to the mounting surface.  This is a key piece of info, since
most of the rubbing mentioned was on outer sheet metal.

I hadn't thought of Whitney.  Good idea.  I'll also have to check out the local
speed shops, etc.

Stu