Re: Missing Tiger

To: Jim Parent <jimparent@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Missing Tiger
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 12:37:37 +0100
Jim,

I tried to look up "holley" in my Funk & Wagnalls, Roget's Thesaurus,
World Atlas, and Mirriam-Webster's Dictionary, Quatations, Biographical
Dictionary, and English Usage. The closest I could find was "holly" and
"holy". There are references to "Hollyhock" (a flower) and Holyoke (A
Connecticut River city in Massachusetts which was incorporated in 1873
(kind of close to 1850)).

Now, an "off-idle miss" sounds suspiciously like a term that some of the
female persuasion might take offense, so I just leave it sit there.

I believe, however, that I can help you with the checking of the
"transfer slot". In the London transit system the passages can be
pre-paid. There is an "honor" system, wherein you have your "transfer"
stamped upon boarding the conveyance. You place your ticket, face up,
into the "transfer slot" upon boarding. Although this is the "honor"
system, the Transit Authority can put you in Dartmouth Prison for a
month if you cheat.

If your issue concerns the carburetor of that name, perhaps this
information would help. A "stumble" in engine smoothness during velocity
change is a standard "Holley" feature, and is meant to reassure you that
the gas line has not fallen off. This cannot be "corrected" as it will
void the warranty.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in your quest
for enlightenment.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >