Re: Cooling system - Stewart

To: Tigers Den <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cooling system - Stewart
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:13:29 +0100
Mr. Stewart replied on Sunday to the message I sent him concerning Tiger
cooling systems. In case you "trashed" the sequence, I an reconstructing
it here so the thread can be followed.

Before I reply, with the wrong dimensions, does anyone want to take a
crack at the "correct" bushing and impeller shaft locations for the MKI
Aluminum (and MKII, dimensions).

Are 5/8 to 1/inch bushing adapters desired, or would you want to remove
your old one and press it on the new shaft, rather than a relocated 5/8
stock unit?

If the normal Ford 5/8 shaft fan mount is used (allowing changes without
having to bore the new fan) are there any special critical dimensions?

                Sunbeam Tiger Workshop Manual, p 15: 260 = 5.15"; 289 = 5.43"

                CAT Shop Notes 4th, A-10: "Front face of pulley hub to rear of
housing:
                                                                260 = 5.15" (13
cm.), 289 = 5.43" (13.8 cm.)

                CAT Shop Notes 4th, A-10: "1/4 inch further back"

                CAT Shop Notes 4th, A-12: Hub Ford part number: B9ME-8553-A
                CAT Shop Notes Supplement II: "..in addition there is a diamond
with a
"C"

within, the letters HTM and an S." ..This may

mean Lincoln/Mercury"

                TE/AE Tech Tip Manual, B5: "Tiger factory shop manual not
correct.
Should be
                                                                        260 =
4.875;, 289 = 5.100"."

These references are a little dated, but will the "real" dimension
please stand up.

I believe he is interested in being co-operative, and would probably
deliver more than one "Tiger" Hi-Po pump design, at additional cost. His
final "connnect the expansion tank to the heater hose" is an interesting
proposition, and would not require any expansion tank movement, or inlet
(right side) radiator tank modifications

Of course, anyone should feel free to contact him directly. I am simply
trying to simplify the number of responses he must plow thru before an
order hits his desk.

Steve

Here is the e-mail correspondence, in order sent/received:

Sun, 14 Sep 1997, to Tiger List: