Re: Help !!!!!!

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Help !!!!!!
From: Douglas Pruitt <DOUGLAS.PRUITT@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:36:26 -0500
        Try a quick/cheap/easy carb rebuild first. Get a spray can of Gumout
(other brands will work but Gumout seems to have more pressure) with the
little tube that goes in the nozzle. Take off the air cleaner and locate
the "air bleeds". They are the eight (with a 4bbl) small vertical holes
next to and above the venturies. The tube will just fit in them. Give each
one of them a blast of Gumout. It will squirt out lower down in the carb.
Put the air cleaner back on and go for a drive. If you still have the
problem try removing the idle mixture screws after first gently bottoming
them and counting the number of turns and/or partial turns it takes to
bottom them. Insert the tube in the hole and blast them. Replace the screws
and adjust them to the original position.
        I used to have a dirty gas tank that would slowly cause similar symptoms
to yours and I would do this every few days. Eventually I would have to
remove the float bowls and do a better job of cleaning.

At 03:36 AM 10/20/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Can anyone help with this problem?
>
>My 260 Tiger has started to act up and seems to be getting progressively
>worse.  It starts and idles fairly well, but at slow speeds with even
>throttle pressure it skips and misfires.  If it's floored it accelerates
>pretty well.
>
>Since it doesn't do it under all conditions I assume it's maybe fuel related.
> I rebuilt the carb about 5 yrs (approx. 15,000 miles) ago and it's run well
>ever since.  I've recently changed plugs and checked points and dwell.  Any
>suggestions?
>
>I appreciate any suggestions and thank all advance.    Mark

Plan to be spontaneous

Doug Pruitt
Maryland