Re: Removal from mailing list

To: Dana Glusovich <Dana.Glusovich@MCI.Com>
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:34:26 +0100
Dana,

While I did sell my '66 Mustang GT convertible and bought a Tiger, I
didn't have to. These are both inexpensive cars to own. I am not sure
where you're living, but I'll share my own experience if it may help.

When I was first "smitten" by the sports car bug, and bought my new
MG-TD, I was always reading the auto adds. A great many would say "For
Sale - Magnificent New '53 Jaguar Roadster - $3000 - Must Sell - Getting
Married!"

As a young bachelor I was convinced I would remain so for the rest of my
life - it just couldn't be worth that cost. A few years later, when I
had sold my new Jaguar for a newer '59 Porsche S, I fell deeply in love.
It was then that it hit me. This is California. No couple can survive in
this city with one car. If I have mine to get to work, the wife must
have her own car for shopping, work, whatever. AND we didn't need TWO
"family" cars.

So I got married, kept my sports cars, and bought another car for the
wife. At one point (after the kids left) her/our family car was the
Mustang, and mine was an exotic 2 seater.

I hope this story might allow you to rethink your priorities, and get
what you want, when you want it. Remember my previous "motto", get your
life's priorities straight.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Steve
--