Re: TACky response.

To: STUART_BRENNAN@hp-andover-om3.om.hp.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TACky response.
From: DrMayf@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 07:47:52 -0500 (EST)
Ownership of the Tiger "data base" on what makes a Tiger is, for sure, owned
by those who developed it. As I see it, that is not the concern of a lot of
us. My particular concern for example can be demonstrated by me and my Tiger.
I bought it in 1967 from the original owner. Never been out of my sight. But,
and it is a big but, unless I can prove it is a Tiger by the TAC ckeckpoints,
then it may not be a Tiger! They hold me hostage to esentially making it
mandatory to play by their data base rules in order to gain the TAC
validation sticker. That is simply wrong. They are putting their hands into
my pocket book. To mitigate this, the rules should be made available to all,
i.e. published, to both owners and non-owners. We can honor the database
development by a special award...or what ever. To keep it secret is to be
elitist and very arrogant. What if we, the other owners put a different
database into play and invalidated the TAC information. Would those who paid
money to have their cars TAC'd be pissed? I would! If the Tiger owners wish,
send me your data and I will compile it into a checklist that we can
broadcast over the planet.