Is the wrong color a crime?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Is the wrong color a crime?
From: gemgate <lovelady@gemgate.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 19:05:33 -0800
I'm in the process of restoring my second Tiger in 6 years and always
run into deciding how much I should  vary the original specs on  the
car. I really like original appearances on Tigers but am not to
thrilled with the color-code on my Mk II. I'm getting ready to paint
the engine compartment and have to decide on a color for the entire
car.  I want to do it right but I also want a car that appeals to me.

I could:

Leave it with the non-original (but still a Tiger color) as is

Paint it the original color (according to the code)

Paint it a non-Tiger color that is fun to look at

I know many of you  guys have real strong feeling on it so talk to
me.

Glenster