Re: Is the wrong color a crime?

To: gemgate <lovelady@gemgate.com>
Subject: Re: Is the wrong color a crime?
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 22:29:40 +0100
OK, Fess up. Just what original factory color was it you didn't like?

Mine is #86 (Forrest Green), which is the Rootes version of BRG (British
Racing Green). I can tell you that I have seen at least 20 different
greens all calling themselves BRG. Each manufacturer, including Miata,
pick what they like.

For my taste, a little less yellow in the green, more like my old Jag
BRG, would be perfect, but then I also don't have "Biscuit" tan
interior.

So what I'd like, isn't what I've got, but what I've got is still pretty
good looking. So, on balance, I chose to stay "factory".

I think it's individual. If you want a Pink Tiger with Blue houndstooth
interior - do it. It's your car, be happy with it, and to h-l with what
other's want you to be. I have a neighbor that painted his house a very
ugly color. The whole neighborhood is up in arms because they believe
it's an eyesore that lowers "values". I wouldn't sign the petition, even
though I didn't like the color myself, because it's his house. If they
don't like it, buy it and paint it what they would want.

So, what color is it you don't and do like?

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >