British Number Plates

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: British Number Plates
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 97 11:24:13 -0700
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Here's a question for the folks on the east side of the pond.

     In the parts room at a United many years back, I purchased two used (I
     think) British number plates for decorative purposes.  Since my Tiger
     requires only a rear plate (a lucky quirk of the Massachusetts
     registration system), I put one of the British ones on the front.  A
     recent article in British Marque Car Club News decoded some of the
     info on the plates.

     I have DWN 741K and AWN 222K.  The article said that the first letter
     signifies the year of issue (A for '63, D for '66) and the next two
     letters signify the city or region.  Does anyone know what region WN
     represents?  And is there anything else to be decoded?

     Stu Brennan