Re: T-5 Transmissions and Ratios

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: T-5 Transmissions and Ratios
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:35:25 -0500 (EST)
All T-5's used in Mustangs and built after 1985 are called "World Class".
They have been up graded  through the years so the newer it is the higher
it's torque rating and internal parts.
The T-5 that has been in my Tiger for nine years, has a 3.35 low ratio and
a.68 overdrive. I have a 2.88 rear end ratio and a 302 with what was called a
"marine cam" that provides high torque at low RPMs. For crusing I normally
shift to 5th around 45 MPH. At 80 MPH it runs about 2280 RPM. with plenty of
torque to clime hills and accelerate. Since most of my miles are on highways
at 70 MPH to 80 MPH, I prefer the low RPMs the .68 ratio gives me. In low
gear, the 3.35 transmission ratio or  9.65 averall ratio is more than the
tires can handle with an open differental.