Calendars

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Calendars
From: Steve Semeraro <semeraro@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 19:50:00 -0500
It seems like every year a few people complain about the lack of quality
British car calendars.  Some of you may have seen an ad in the most
recent British Car magazine for personalized calendars from Classic
Photo Grafx.  This is a father/son professional photography studio that
has prepared personalized calendars made up of family photos for years.
I know about them because the proprietor, Dan Courter, is my
brother-in-law.  I suggested the idea of doing personalized car
calendars and encouraged him to build a library of British car photos to
fill out calendars for individuals and groups who couldn't come up with
12 pictures.  He's decided (foolishly perhaps) to follow my advise.
I've seen his shots; they're quite good.  He doesn't have a lot of any
particular type of car.  But he has a good selection.  The
reproduction quality is very good, though a step below the mass
produced calendars you see in the book stores.  Of course, the
quality of the photos you send him also limits the quality of the
final product.  But he can do some amazing things even with so-so
photos.  This year, he's offering two products.  A 1-page calendar that
would have a picture of your car at the top and a calendar for the
entire year underneath.  These are $10 bucks.  He's also offering a more
tradition 1 page per month calendar.  You can provide from 1 to all 12
photos.  He fills in the rest.  You also get to choose entries onto the
calendar: the kids' birthdays, oil change reminders, whatever.  He tells
me that a lot of labor goes into the 12 photo calendars so he has to
charge a pricey $40 for the first one.  But the price drops rapidly for
multiple copies, and I can guarantee that he'll give Sunbeamers a
special deal.  Anyway, his phone number is 508/388-8570 and fax is
508/388-4335.  If your interested or curious, just give him a call, or,
if you'd like a brochure, e-mail me with your snail mail address and
I'll pass it on to him.

Steve Semeraro
Series V Alpine
1968 Marcos GT