Calendars

To: Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Calendars
From: Patrick Lauber <rolite@tusco.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:37:52 -0500
Hello Sunbeamers!

It has always been my experience that printing price per page decreases
as the number of pages printed increases. How about a multi-club effort
to print a two year calendar? A calendar project is hard work and
evidently takes 6 or 7 months to accomplish, so wouldn't it make sense
to only do this every two years? I for one would love to have a Sunbeam
gracing my walls every year, rather than every other year!

I also agree with someone who said that too many cooks in the kitchen
will screw things up! I suggest each club solicit/contribute photos and
commit to selling a certain quantity of calendars, however one club
should take the lead in producing the calendar. A price of $25 + S&H for
a 1999 - 2000 calendar sounds about right. Can it be done?

Given the fact that the photos are of most interest to us 'Beamers
(rather than the "calendar" part of the calendar), would it make sense
to look at a different format? Perhaps a poster size, single sheet
calendar with many photos or a collage and just a small representation
of the days/months? I suspect that type of calendar would remain on our
walls long after the year is over.