RE: bargain Tiger Toneau - Tan - New - Installation

To: brad.parlee@edc.ge.com, ktisdale@ix.netcom.com
Subject: RE: bargain Tiger Toneau - Tan - New - Installation
From: John Crawley <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:55:38 -0700
Hi:
I learned that the "Lift-a-dot" snaps are not supposed to be pressed all
the way down on the peg. They can damage your paint if you do. They
are designed to be pressed on until they snap on the narrow part of the
peg and no further.
Also to remove the snap do as it says: Lift on the dot rather than just pull
up.
 I did not punch holes in my new dash pad for the t-covers pins. I sewed
tabs on front edge of the cover and replaced the defrost vent screws
with pegs. The "Lift-a-dot" snaps were then placed in the tab. It takes
just a few seconds longer to take on or off but I noticed that most dash
pads start to crack under the pins.
Hope this helps.
Godspeed
Jc

>>> Parlee, Brad (ED&C,SLS) <brad.parlee@edc.ge.com> 11/14/97
08:11am >>>
Glad you like it.  It will look better on your car then in my garage.
Thanks for the picture. Hope to meet you one of these days.
          I put an Identical cover on my car and it wasn't that hard.  I
centered it and used a ice pick to make holes for the studs.  Then I paid
$10 to a top man to install the snaps with the snap hole centered on my
holes.  The snaps are broad enough that even if your off by 1/4" on the
first try the snap covers it.  the material is stiff enough to be in place
with-out the snaps on so you can see if you've got it right without the
snaps on.  This top wasn't really designed for heavy rain but -  also
made a short pole that fits between the toneau and just behind the center
(on the rear "seat").  This holds the top up when it really rains.  It also
helps if you park nose up on a hill.---

                        - Any other suggestion for Ken?

Pulsecom                                303-403-1968