RE: 6 blade fan diameter?

To: "Kirk G. Even" <keven@eagle1.eaglenet.com>
Subject: RE: 6 blade fan diameter?
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 09:53:35 -0800
At 07:41 PM 11/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Allan,
>
>I have a wide variety of new Ford parts down in the basement and even a
few old parts books as reference. The number you gave me didn't seem to
match Ford's part numbering scheme, but I have seen Ford place different
stamping numbers on parts that are different from their part number. I need
to ask if the original fan was a Ford part or manufactured through a
different company? Is it possible there are more numbers which are missing
or are lightly stamped on your example? Any help you can provide would be
appreciated.

>Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving,
>
>Kirk G. Even
>B382100587

Kirk,

You are SO right!  Seems I made a transcription error.  Could it have been
too many cerveza's when I was answering e-mail??  As you have pointed out
the error of my ways (and, sincere thanks by the way,) I will also post the
corrected numbers to the rest of the group.

I have two numbers for the Ford six-blade fan.  The one trimmed and
installed on my Tiger is the later of the two.  It started at just under
15" in diameter, and the final trimmed diameter is 14-7/16 inches.  For
safety sake, ran out to the garage and poped the bonnet and double checked
the number.

C9DZ-8600-A
CF-9DE-A  (current installation)

Hope this information is of assistance.  My humble appologies for the
original transcription error.  Trust that all had a super Thanksgiving!

Regards,

Allan
B9472373