Tiger II oil cooler valve

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tiger II oil cooler valve
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 22:00:56 -0500
Tiger folks,
        On my Tiger II there is a stock  two tube oil cooler that includes
an internal valve.  Does any one have a technical description
of exactly how the valve operates?  I assume it could be pressure or thermal
or flow back check valve. Really have no solid information even after
looking at it.  I dislike having things that may be very critical to the
oiling of the Tiger when I don't know how they should work.
        My 66 Alpine has a single tube cooler similar to the Tiger dual tube.
Does the Alpine cooler have a valve in it?

(Tom, I responded directly to your comments, maby this will generate additional
information)

        Will be on a trip to Fairfax Va. until Friday or Sunday so will be
unable
to respond on net for a few days.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others