Speaking of conversions...

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speaking of conversions...
From: "Chris S. Mottram"<Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:06:30 -0500

Chris S. Mottram@ECCI
12/02/97 10:06 PM

Jeff Nichols wrote:
<Snip>
Installing a v8 in small sports car is a lot of work
     and I greatly respect the engineering skill and dedication of someone
     who makes it work.  In my past I've encountered a few conversions that
     were not so successful, a Corvette small block in an Austin Healy, 350
     Chevy in a MGB, and my favorite, Ford 427 in a Tiger.  If you have
been
     on this list long enough you would have read about Jim Barrett(?) and
     the amount of work he did to install a Ford 351 in his Tiger.
<unsnip>

Speaking of conversions, take a look at the November Rootes Review (TEAE
Newsletter).  There is picture of an Alpine with a Dodge 440.  Hideous
looking!  The front valence is extended and juts out about a foot so the
car has a huge "under bite".  The radiator sits in this front protrusion a
little AHEAD of the head lights and sticks up about 8 inches higher than
the headlight peaks!  The engine compartment cover looks like it was
fashioned from an industrial air conditioner unit.  This thing is right out
of Mad Max or Beyond Thunderdome.
I would TAC it for TACky.

Chris