Survey Results

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Survey Results
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 98 15:31:49 -0500

     Yesterday, I asked whether anyone on this list who asked for pointers
     on what to look for when buying a Tiger  ever received an answer.
     Here's the results:

     1 Definite No
     1 Definite Not enough info
     0 Yes

      Very disappointing results since the Web , and by association this
     list, exist for the free exchange of information.  No one asked for
     copyrighted secrets just the basic info to help them make a reasonably
     certain purchase of a 'real' Sunbeam Tiger.  As far as this list is
     concerned, don't expect much help in what to look for when buying a
     Tiger.

      Is it me or do other members of this list get the feeling that there
     is deep seated paranoia with some people about phony Sunbeam Tigers.
     I know there exists an undetermined number of fakes but were they
     built to deceive or to restore. One was so good it fooled 'experts' and
     won concourse awards from the TACophiles until discovered.  It's
     difficult to guess the motive of the restorer/builder without knowing
     them personally. One web page has photos of five questionable Tigers
     but how many more exist and where are they?  Maybe I should watch a few
     Oliver Stone movies or rent 'Conspiracy' to get in the proper state of
     mind.....Nahhhh

     Jeff