Re: rear bumpers

To: joe brackin <joetiger@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: rear bumpers
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 09:28:15 +0000

joe brackin wrote:

> My Tiger(B382001080) has an unusual feature concerning the rear bumper.
> The bumper has 2 holes with license plate lamps mounted in the holes.

Correct

> These lamps are mounted on the top surface of the bumper. They look they
> were designed for the the license plate being mounted on the deck lid.

Correct

> The car also has a bracket mounted below the bumper with 2 more license
> plate lamps which would appear designed for the license plate mounted
> below the bumper.

Custom. My MkI has a differnt lighting system than the MkIA, and looks like
that. It was supposed to illuminate the license on the deck lid. The PO
reversed the mounting bracket, and put it under the bumper. I liked it
better there. But it does not belong on your car.

> Also the lamps in both cases are mostly junk, so I need some replacements
> for whichever set turns out to be correct. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

You can probably still get the housings/lights for the license bracket,
because they were used on other British cars, but Sunbeam Specialties does
not have it in the catalog. Might try giving Rick a call.

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >

                         _/