Re: Tiger Tails Editor

To: Schotland <schotbus@cyberenet.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger Tails Editor
From: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 01:05:11 -0800

Schotland wrote:

> > Does anyone know who the new Tiger Tails editor is (or who's
> > filling  in 'til a more permanent replacement is found)?
>
> Gary
>
> > For that matter, does anyone know who the new C.A.T. President is?  Vice
> > President?  Secretary?  Treasurer?  Directors?
>
> > Since the January meeting has come and gone, with no Tiger Tales, I'd
> > guess that the editorship post remains vacant.
> >
> > The club is also in arrears in the publication of it's yearly financial
> > statements--some problem with last year's tax filing, related to the
> > parts business, according to the Treasurer when I asked him about it a
> > couple of months ago.
> >
> > Ramon
> >

> Maybe someone needs to organize a splinter group to seize control of
> the parts business?  Or better yet, the entire club...

To All:
Let me explain something that I think you already know. Since fewer and fewer
people have been volunteering to do anything to help the club, but instead
seem to make demands from afar as to what thay believe should be done, the job
of running the club, and the parts department, falls on fewer and fewer
people. I didn't  want to become the editor again, and I don't really have the
time to do it,  but I'm going to  because NO ONE else would even consider the
job. This is pretty much the case of all the officers "elected" (or closer to
it, coerced) this year.

The idea of having CAT and our monthly meetings is to A: Have some fun and
talk about our cars and B: Take care of the club's affairs. I don't think the
purpose of the club is to toss accusations back and forth, to and from various
factions. However, if you A: Want to have some fun and talk about our cars and
B: Take part in the club's affairs and in planning its future, my suggestion
is to come to the meetings and offer some constructive input instead of
complaining from a distance.

I mean this in a positive manner, and I hope it's taken in this spirit. I'd
like to see the club succeed long into the future, but it won't if we don't
stop all the griping and get back to having fun with cars!

Happy New Year to all of you.

Steve Sage