Tiger authentication discussion

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tiger authentication discussion
From: OldeAlp <OldeAlp@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 01:08:19 EST
The Tiger list has once again been running rampant with this controversy.
What are the differences between Jensen-built Tigers and the mundane Alpines?
Why isn't this information generally available?  Who is covering up - and why?

I always get a kick out of following this flap.

The other day I received e-mail asking for a copy of an old newsletter from
the Sunbeam Owners Group of San Diego that was supposed to have had an
analysis of the differences.  Today, I received a phone call insisting that
such an article was published.  I went to the archives - voila! - way back in
April 1995 it was there:  reprinted from an internet posting.

The author of the item was "unknown%unknown.unknown@aurora.intel.com".  Wow,
does this sound like deep undercover stuff or what?

The primer lists 20-30 obscure production differences between the Tiger and
Alpine bodies - no mention is made of number of engine cylinders, types of
transmissions, differentials or instrumentation.  The steering mechanics are
not described.  These are the itsy-bitsy details that a counterfeiter couldn't
bother with unless he was the type to trip over dollars to pick up dimes.

Members of the Sunbeam Owners Group of San Diego have had this information at
their fingertips for nearly three years.

Now - for a limited time only - a copy of this secret information will be
provided FREE! with all new memberships.

Your dues of $20 US per year will get you a one year subscription to the
exciting monthly publication and entitle you to participation in many exciting
events such as the March 8th Lobster Run from San Diego, California to Puerto
Nuevo, Mexico.

Interested?  Drop me an e-mail and I'll give you the details.

"Ole" Olson