RE: Tiger identification manual

To: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: RE: Tiger identification manual
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:18:34 -0500
At 06:58 AM 1/20/98 -0800, you wrote:
>       Please sign me up for this manual.  Even though I plan to eventually
>build a V-8 Alpine, it will not be a Tiger Clone asI intend to use the
>Buick/Rover Aluminum 215 as the power plant.
>Rich
        Way back in 1966 I put a Buick 215 into a Nash Metropolitan.
I used a Olds F85 215 flywheel , bell housing and 3 speed transmission.
Be careful as I believe that the flywheel is not balanced for the Buick
215.  Had bad bad bad vibrations that cracked the bell housing.
I don't know all of the Rover modifications to the motor, but they
have been doing changes for a long time.  Be sure your block and
heads are good as the aluminum may be badly eaten up if the
previous owners didn't change the antifreeze.  Recommend that
you do not use the 1961 Buick Special auto transmission.  It
is very weak and in 1969 three automatic transmission shops
could not repair my Buick Special.  I traded it in on my Tiger II.
Best thing I ever did.  The 67 Tiger II went for $1850 plus the
$250 trade in.  No negotations on price, but I did get new rear
tires. (Bias nylon Goodyear snow tires of all things).  Still have
the tires in the attic.

Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others