Clutch Question

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clutch Question
From: David Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:07:33 -0800
The clutch in my 65 Mark 1 engages pretty much at the end of the pedal =
travel.  It engages smoothly without any chatter.  There isn't much =
noticable freeplay in the pedal at the end of the travel.  Underneath at =
the slave cylinder, the rod still has some adjustment left - about a =
half inch.  Tried shortening the rod but can't get the big nut at the =
end to move.  (Don't have a shop manual yet).

Any suggestions - how much adjustment is there or am I up against =
putting a new clutch in.  Don't know how long this clutch has been in =
the car.

Thanks for any help.

Dave Binkley