Re: Here Comes the VIN Judge!

To: laifman@flash.net, msmall@roanoke.infi.net
Subject: Re: Here Comes the VIN Judge!
From: Cool VT <CoolVT@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 00:56:38 EST
Steve, I think you've got something there.  Can you imagine someone who's had
a previous problem with the DMV telling them that he just wanted to paint the
car?

I, personally, can't see the big motivation in pulling off the tags to paint.
I doubt that a judge in a show, knowing the situation, would ever penalize
anyone  for not having perfect paint under the tag.  Also, as a buyer, I would
prefer to have a car with original undisturbed tags  rather than a "perfect'"
paint job that might always leave a question in the back of my head.

Just my opinion.  I'm sure someone else might think diferently.   Mark L.