Re: The "Who" Command

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net (Tigers)
Subject: Re: The "Who" Command
From: tjhiggin@alpine.iss.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 98 15:42:39 CST
Stu Brennan wrote:
>      I just tried a "who tigers-digest" message to majordomo, and got back
>      a reply that the command has been disabled, same as I got a couple
>      weeks back.  Does anyone know what's going on?

My guess is that MJB has disabled the WHO command on all the lists
that run on autox.team.net to keep spammers from getting the addresses
of the list subscribers.  I wrote him awhile back to ask how the list
admins can get a list of subscribers, but haven't gotten a reply yet.
This is a problem for me since there is an address on the Alpines list
which is bouncing, but when I try to unsubscribe that address, I'm
told by majordomo that there is no such subscriber.

I don't know what the answer is, but I wouldn't expect WHO to be
re-enabled anytime soon.
--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com