Body Stripping

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Body Stripping
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 20:23:23 EST
I would like any feedback you all have on effective ways to take the Tiger
unibody down to bare metal. I am considering media blasting as well as
chemical stripping (maybe dipping). My concerns are:
1. I have heard that dipping the body can, even with lots of prep effort,
result in chemical agents messing up the final paint coat.
2. That media blasting is not the best way to get 30 year old undercoat off.
3. That if you try to do it yourself (Jasco or something like that), disposing
of the waste is a problem in the state of California.
I am also curious as to the cost of this type of job, what to expect in terms
of pocketbook pain.

Mike Wood
B382002273

RE: T5/Tiger. I was incorrect in the tailshaft and housing needed for a Tiger
application. The actual OEM was an AMC. Also, the transmission needs to be
rotated a little, making adapter plate fabrication neccesary. While this swap
is not a straight bolt in, it does work and does not require driveshaft
fabrication or cause any problems.