Re: Body Stripping

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Body Stripping
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:58:27 EST
First:
Thank you all for the feedback on getting my Tiger down to bare metal. It
sounds as if I will have to bite the monetary bullet and have it dipped. I
guess it is one of those things where it is better to spend a little more to
really have it done right.

Second:
There have been some posts regarding suitable seats for a Tiger and I just
wanted to throw in my two cents. There is a manufacturer by the name of
Corbeau which makes relatively inexpensive seats ($300 or so). They have one
model, I believe which is called the Clubman, which might be a good solution
in that, while it is well bolstered and looks like it probably would be
comfortable, it doesn't have a particularly high seat back, i.e. no headrest,
so it wouldn't look funky. Of course, if you want to be safe, either buy a
high back seat (OMP makes a seat called the Eco which is a road/race model,
suitable for 4-point belts and about $300) or make sure to install a REAL
headsupport on your roll bar cross brace. OEM models which come to mind
include RX-7, 320i sport seats (circa '81-83) and Porsche 914. The thing with
all of these alternatives is that they, in my opinion, look completely out of
place in a Tiger...
Mike Wood
B382002273