TE/AE United XX

To: "'Alpine Net'" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: TE/AE United XX
From: "Kirk G. Even" <keven@eagle1.eaglenet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:18:38 -0500
Greetings one and all.  This is the first of many information releases =
regarding 1998's TE/AE United to be held in Solomons Island, Maryland =
(~70 miles SSE of our nations capitol).  Several of the TE/AE members =
are helping to coordinate events and provide timely dissemination of =
information leading up to the event.  I will be in charge of getting =
information to the Tiger and Alpine discussion groups and there will be =
a duplicated effort of promotion in the TE/AE newsletter "Rootes =
Review."  Pricing information should be available for our next =
information release expected mid March.

Cheers, Kirk G. Even

TE/AE United XX

XX marks the spot in picturesque Southern Maryland where United 20 will =
be held on Columbus Day weekend, October 8 - 12, 1998.

Come join the fun of Southern Maryland's hospitality and food at the =
waterfront resort of the Holiday Inn Select.  The hotel is located in =
scenic, historic Solomons Island, MD.  Located at the southern tip of =
the Calvert County peninsula, bordered by the Patuxent River and the =
Chesapeake Bay.

Bring your Sunbeam and join your fellow Sunbeamers for auto crossing, =
drag racing, concourse, tech sessions, and the very important spread of =
parts from our favorite vendors, during the Year of the Tiger.

Bring the kids and let them hunt for sharks teeth on the beach at =
Calvert Cliffs State Park.  Visit the Naval Air Test and Evaluation =
Museum (neat airplanes).  Explore Battle Creek Swamp Nature Center, =
local lighthouses, and other points of interest.

Pick around the arts and crafts during the Patuxent River Appreciation =
Day event which coincides with the United.  Tour the Calvert Marine =
Museum (great displays and aquarium exhibits).  Browse around the shops =
and boutiques on Solomons Island (bring the plastic) or just slip off to =
one of the many fine restaurants and pubs for a quiet lunch or dinner.  =
Hit the  Solomons Island boardwalk for a romantic stroll (remember those =
days?) or just park the Sunbeam and watch one of our fantastic sunsets.

A tour bus trip is being offered to the nearby historic areas for those =
not involved in the auto competitions.  Also, a sunset dinner cruise is =
scheduled (depending upon level of interest), which will depart from the =
Holiday Inn dock.

Most dining, imbibing, entertainment and shopping are within walking =
distance of the Holiday Inn so concerns about parking your Sunbeam won't =
be necessary!!

A map showing routes to the festivities from Virginia, Washington, DC, =
Annapolis and the Baltimore/Washington International Airport will be =
included when signing up.  Start making your plans to attend United XX.  =
Early registration is recommended since this location is a favorite =
tourist spot and hotel rooms are likely to fill up fast, but we have =
plenty reserved.

Watch for more details in upcoming TE/AE newsletters and Tiger/Alpine =
group e-mails.

                                                Your United XX Team.