Re: Rear axle color

To: rhoefle@ctlinc.com, FrizBMG@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear axle color
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:03:46 EST
In a message dated 98-02-25 11:15:57 EST, rhoefle@ctlinc.com writes:

> When I scraped all the grease and gook off of my rear end (get your mind out
>  of the gutter!) I found what looked to me like a Ford Red color (available
>  in most auto parts stores in a spray can).  YMMV
If I recall the differential housing is painted with glyptal red, an oil
resistant paint, normally used for electrical transformers (available from
Eastwood).  Ther rest of the components, including the differential cover, are
painted gloss black, except for the things (can't recall what they are called)
that hold the sway bars to the axle.  They are metallic gold.

Rob Kempinski
Houston Texas