Re: Brake Servo Rebuild Questions

To: Doug & Rett Leithauser <dleit@mintcity.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Servo Rebuild Questions
From: Will Seay <wseay@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 10:07:01 -0500
Doug & Rett Leithauser wrote:

> I think you have a problem in the valve that controls the vacuum...

***************************
Wayne,

I agree with Doug.  The problem you're having sounds exactly like the
problem I had some years ago after my local friendly rebuilt my brake
servo.  We found that he had reassembled the vacuum 'T'-valve
incorrectly.  The 'T'-valve is that gadget on the side of the servo with
the vacuum pipe connected to it.  The 'T"-valve ports vacuum between the
two sides of the vacuum diaphram so that the piston motion follows the
motion of the hydraulic control piston.  The guy that rebuilt my servo
put a part in the 'T'-valve assembly in backwards (upside down?).  I
don't recall for sure what that part was, but I suspect that it was the
spring plate.  That's the little horseshoe-shaped thing made of spring
metal.  Suggest you take a look at the 'T'-valve and check each part for
right-way vs wrong-way to reassemble.

Good luck!
--
B382001570 - Will Seay - wseay@sprynet.com