Re: COLOR OF TOP BOWS

To: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Subject: Re: COLOR OF TOP BOWS
From: Dave McDermott <dave.mcdermott@cusys.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 12:10:58 -0700
        Christopher,

        That was what I was thinking as well. The powder painting process
works best if every part is disassembled. With the top bows that would mean
drilling out the special rivets etc. and then trying to replace them with
new rivets if something close is available. In addition powder painting
requires a bare metal surface to adhere to so that means media blasting the
bows first. Although it is not a problem on the bows powder painting also
requires taping off any threads so the coating will not create an
interference fit. The final product on the bows would be great for
durability but it sure would be a big process just for bows. I still would
just like to find a readily available gray paint in a spray can in a close
color match. Perhaps there is none.

        Dave McDermott