Re: Autocad drawing of my Tiger

To: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Autocad drawing of my Tiger
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:56:55 -0700
Anita Barrett wrote:

> Folks,
>         Last year I sent an Autocad drawing of my Tiger to several
> people on the net.
>       I finally got a new Autocad program and looked at the file
> I sent.  Unfortunatly the file was the raw data inputs and
> didn't look much like a Tiger.  Also only one layer of 153 layers
> were turned on; so anyone who viewed the drawing in other
> than Autocad saw only a single line.
>         The file I had intended to send was stuck in my old
> PC and I couldn't get it out. ( too big for my old 360k floppy).
>       Today I was finally able to transfer the more complete drawing from
> my old PC to the new computer with Autocad 12 on it.  I will do a bit more
> work on it (If I can figure out Autocad 12) and then re-offer it to the
> Tiger mail members.  This may  take a few months as I am constantly on the
>road.
>
> Will be back in Seal Beach, Calif. Sunday and Monday evening .  If there
>  are any Tiger folks near the Radisson Inn on Marinar Drive , give me a call
> at 562-493-7501.  I will bring 2 copies of the more complete drawing on  3
> 1/5" disks.
> will be at the Crowne Plaza LAX on Century on Tuesday night. 310-642-7500.
> I will be flying, not driving my Tiger II 351C.
>
>     The data for the drawing was produced by measuring Z coordinates on
>  a 1" XY grid above and alongside  my Tiger.
>
>         Sorry about raw data file I previously sent to several people.
>
> Jim Barrett TigerII 351C and others

Hello Jim
I was one of the recipients of that drawing.  Your right about the many
layers that were in there.  I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up and
moving data to other layers to make it more condensed.  I also added
the Sunbeam logo to the front of the car and put tires and a valance
on it.  I took the left half of the drawing and mirrored it about it's
Y axis to complete the full front look.  I then colored the different
layers and cleaned up around the headlights and the grille (the grille
became a MkI-Ia).  My plan was to make this into a screen saver but
when all was said and done my computer hard disk crashed big time and
my employer was unwilling to pay the big bucks to retrieve the data
from that disk.  So I guess the lesson here is back up, back up, backup!
Look forward to seeing your newer version of this car.
--
Larry Allbritton
B9472723