Re: Overheating help...

To: Chris Richards <richards@northcoast.com>
Subject: Re: Overheating help...
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:29:06 +0100
Fans of fans,

The correct part number for the 6 blade asymmetrical Ford fan, made in Canada,
is C9DZ-8600-A.  It has aluminum blades and a steel center
holder.  The center hole must be bored out to the 1" Tiger pump mount, or the
pump mount changed to stock 5/8 Ford.

Remember  "bored", not "drilled".  Most of your centering is done here, as well
as with the bolts.  Don't want them to fight each other as to
where the center is.

Some of the length of the blade tips must be symmetrically removed from each
blade at the portion the passes close to the steering rack and to
stay in balance.  About 5/16, locally, is all that's needed, depending upon the
condition of your motor mounts.  That includes height and
flexibility when you torque the motor.

The blades are asymmetrically distributed to create a vortex, as well as pull
more air.  I was able to get mine through a dealer about 1 year
ago.  The were originally used on '66 Bronco 6 cylinder and '70 Mustang 6
cylinder, amongst others.  Cost about $60 from Ford.

The blades are marked "Made in Canada", and carry the item number CF-C9DE-A.  A
magnet will verify aluminum, as it is powdered coated
black.

This is a lot of help, but it is NOT the end of the things you have to do if you
have too much heat from environmental, traffic, or motor tune or condition
reasons.  My Jaguar would run all year long in England, and never get hot enough
for the heater to work.  Take it to Palm Springs for a Weekend (well, we really
did, then when there was no VARA and the old cars racing there were new) and a
little traffic would allow us to have tea early.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >