Re: bellhousing needed

To: KJENSSEN@aol.com
Subject: Re: bellhousing needed
From: MWood24020 <MWood24020@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:47:47 EDT
Kirt-
I did the same swap, using a RHO 302, and found that: 1. finding an aluminum,
six bolt, narrow pattern bellhousing was worse than a "needle in a haystack"
2. the dual pattern bellhousings were cast iron and very heavy.
I finally took a wide ear pattern, aluminum bellhousing and adapted it to
narrow ear use, which made it neccessary to enlist the help of my buddy, Tom
Hall. We carefully measured the narrower pattern, transferred it to the wide
ear bellhousing and drilled in the appropriate spots. Then we welded aluminum
dowel on the back side to serve as bosses, which were then carefully drilled
and tapped. This solution has held up very well over the last 5 years,
including lots of autocrossing, open track etc.
Mike Wood
B382002273