Re: bellhousing needed

To: KJENSSEN@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: bellhousing needed
From: MWood24020 <MWood24020@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 23:22:16 EDT
Kirt-
There are a number of sources for an appropriate slave cylinder bracket,
including Sunbeam Specialties. However, most are just an aluminum plate cut in
the correct pattern. If you have anything besides a very light pressure plate,
they will just flex and give terrible clutch feel. A solution is to weld ribs
onto the back surface or just fabricate your own out of heavier stock with
reinforcement on the back surface.
Was the dual pattern bellhousing aluminum or cast iron? I've never seen one
that was aluminum, but I hear they exist.
Mike Wood
B382002273