Intake Manifold Info request !!

To: TIGERS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Intake Manifold Info request !!
From: KJENSSEN <KJENSSEN@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 23:14:32 EDT

In the process of building up my 302  I need to make a decision regarding
intake manifold choices.

I have come across a used Edelbrock F4B ( single four barrel ) intake

  as well as used Edelbrock F28 Dual Quad  ( as seen in the Book of Norm  page
131 on B9499999 )

My engine rebuild is as follows ( I still have the original 260 in storage )

  1987 302 block 6 BOLT

      bored over .040
      line honed,balanced etc..
      stock crank and rods magna fluxed and trued etc..
      crank studded-in with ARP fasteners
      TRW aluminum pistons fly-cut to match heads
      windsor jr. heads 2.020 intake & 1.600 exhaust
      heads ported and polished 3 angle cut valve job
      titanium push rods
      Harland Sharpe roller rockers
      file cut top ring to .010  2cd ring to .017
      motorsport x303 cam .525 lift intake  .525 lift exh.
      high flow oil pump
      7 qt. moroso oil pan 7/16 milodon windage tray/studs
      high flow edelbrook water pump
      Pete Jackson dual idler timing gear
      original flywheel resurfaced
      Arp studs for heads and throughout
      engine assembly balanced
      cam straight up
     My rear gear is a Thorton-Spicer       3.31

     Any ideas on the proper intake would be appreciated......I plan on have a
semi-daily summer driver
 with an occasional trip down the strip.

The restoration is coming along slowly ....body metal  replaced
   /  repaired  and paint now completed. The reassembly now starts !!!

     Thanks for the great information.

KJENSSEN@AOL.COM     ( 773 )  445-3641

Kirt Jenssen  Chicago, Illinois