Tiger Tales Problem

To: Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, Alpines List <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tiger Tales Problem
From: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:19:27 -0700
Howdy Everyone In CAT (Sorry to intrude on those who aren't!):

Unfortunately, the May issue of Tiger Tales has been mailed out, beyond
our control, with some printing defects. A good (or bad) number of
copies have a smeared cover and some of the print and photos inside have
defects. This seems to have happened on an intermittent basis during the
printing, so some copies came out OK, others are terrible.. It's my own
fault for not double checking the printers, who have done many jobs for
me before, in addition to the magazine, always with good results. The
shop manager told me, after the fact, that "There must have been a
problem with the copy system!". More profound words I've never heard!

We have been having the printers label and staple the magazines so they
can go directly to the post office, to save time, but obviously we've
got to modify this procedure in the future to prevent a repetition.

The Canadian and overseas copies haven't gone out yet so we should be
able to salvage enough good copies for those without re-printing.

In any event, we're going to the printer tommorow to demand they re-run
the entire US printing and pay for its re-mailing. I'll keep everyone
posted on our progress with this.

Steve Sage