Re: Wheel Balance

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel Balance
From: DSand95510 <DSand95510@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 01:03:47 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-01 16:21:55 EDT, wgoebner@pacbell.net writes:

>If I have my wheels balanced off of the car and I still get a vibration, is
>the
>unbalance mainly in the rotors?

As suggested elsewhere, the tire might be out-of-round.

Or, you might have thrown a badly installed weight leaving the shop.

I've had one experience where new tires were mounted and 'balanced.'   At
anything above 45mph, the Tiger shook like it was in a paint mixer.  Took 'em
back for re-balancing.  Turned out the old "100+" WHEELS were somehow so
grossly out of balance that the electronic balancer was completely fooled and
was supplying random readings.   For some odd reason, the problem hadn't
manifested itself until I put some decent rubber on the car (Pontenza
RE-71's).

Dick Sanders
Seattle