Silly Question......

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Silly Question......
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 11:14:24 -0700
Hey Tigers,

When installing the new plug wires, I beleive I came accross a good reason
for the oil deposition on the garage floor that I suspected might have been
a rear main seal: The aircraft bolts (allen-hex head) that secure the stock
chrome valve covers at the back were VERY loose.

As we have all experienced, I managed to get 'em pretty tight, though in
the process turned my hands to pulp.

I have been considering replacing the stock valve covers with aluminium
valve covers if and when I can find some repro or original Tiger or Cobra
covers.  Question is, will I have to lower the engine to get exisiting
valve covers off and new ones on???  My gut feeling is that I will.......
Would appreciate the advice of the pros.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373