Cooling

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cooling
From: Don & Penny Johnson <dpj@dnet.net>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 14:31:47 +0100
I have a question for a friend of mine who is not on line.  He wants to
know how many teeth are on the flywheel of the 260 that came in the 1A
Tiger.  I would like to contribute some info on possibly cooling the
Tiger a bit.  I have not had too much a problem with my water temp.  I
have a 289 with 351 Wis. heads, headers, throtle body fule injection,
&electronic ign.,  I added a oil temp. gage a couple of years ago and my
oil temp on the highway ran about 250.  This seemed a litle high to me
and I did add a oil cooler.  This did not improve the temp much, about
10 degrees.  This winter I went to a Corvete show in Fl. and a guy was
selling alunimum finned oil coolers that fit around the oil filter.  The
fins are about 1/4" and can be snapped off if there is a problem with
space.  He claimed they will lower the oil temp. 10% to 20%.  I did not
buy one but took the paper work with me.  In March I ran across the
paper work and decided to shell out the $25.00 and ordered one.  I
cann't believe the differance it has made so far!  My oil temp., so far,
has not gone over 225.  Normally my electric fan comes on before or
after I park my car, and now it doesn't.  I have not had any real hot
weather yet, but it has made a differance in moderate tempatures. The
"Cool Collar" just raps around the filter and is held on with a hose
clamp.  Very simple, but it seems to work. If any one is interested his
Phone # is 954-724-4510.  This seems to be his home phone.  The $25.00
included shipping.  I do not remember his name.   Don Johnson in N.
Carolina.