Real Roll Bars

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Real Roll Bars
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 14:37:44 +0100
Tiger Racers,

Had an inquiry about real roll bars for a Tiger, not "show bars".

What are the roll bars that are available and the pros and cons of each
one?  I know there is an early CAT model and a late CAT model and SS has
one.   Which ones are acceptable for what kinds of racing? (If any)

Also, I seem to remember some discussion that the only ones that are any good,
or
the only ones that qualify for racing, mount to the floor, not the shelf,
and interfere with the seat travel .  This could be a problem with the seat slid
all the way back.
Is that true?

I also seem to remember that the CAT ones were changed for interference with the

top.  Is that true?

While "real" racing is not in my game plan, I;ve had a few admirer's asking
seriously about VARA and Tiger's, and what to look for in roll bars.  So I
thought I'd ask.  Always good to have fresh young racer's amongst us.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >